At Holly Hill Memorial Park Cemetery, we’ve been working to help people plan a dignified rest for over 70 years. Your loved ones deserve honor, respect, and compassion – a way to establish the permanence of their memories in the form of a physical monument. Here, you will receive the highest level of care.
We were founded in 1947 by Ralph H. Wilson. The city manager of the time, Robert M. Cooksey, had begun to realize several difficulties involved with running a cemetery as a public utility. He and the city council approved a plan to sell the existing city cemetery to Wilson, who would realize a new concept: the city cemetery as a public park, to be cared for and maintained via a perpetual trust fund. With flat bronze memorials, sidewalks, and landscaping, the cemetery was re-envisioned as a place that would beautify the community while honoring those who had passed away.
Over the years, we have added many improvements:
- Singing Tower: A flagstone tower constructed on the highest point of the cemetery. It is visible throughout much of Thomasville and can be recognized by any citizen of the town. (Constructed in 1950)
- Receiving Vault: A structure designed to allow families to conduct services during inclement weather. (Constructed 1957)
- Local Office: Designed to allow families to meet and peruse our records – locating their loved ones quickly and easily. (Constructed 1977)
- Holly Hill Memorial Mausoleum: A 64-crypt garden mausoleum with a church carved into the front, providing more inclusive internment options. (Constructed 1978)
- Good Shepherd Mausoleum: A second mausoleum that let us continue to provide internment options after the first one filled up. (Constructed 1982)
- Guardian Angel Crematorium Columbarium: Provides a permanent resting place and visiting area for those who have chosen cremation. (Constructed 1986)
- Our Savior Mausoleum: Even more space for above-ground internment. (Constructed 2000)
- Resurrection Mausoleum: Current above-ground internment space, with a covered roof and walkway connected to Our Savior. (Constructed 2012)
Coming Soon! Prestige swan garden with cremation placement options.
In addition, we have added beautiful trees and gardens, thousands of feet of poured sidewalks, a pond fountain, and even a pair of swans – all to preserve the tranquil experience of visiting your loved ones at their final resting place. These additions and improvements are all funded by your purchase of a plot here at Holly Hill Cemetery, allowing your resting place to remain a place of peace for time immemorial.